General advice warning
Terms and conditions
This website is operated by UrbanGhetto Pty Ltd ACN 139 747 676 ATF UrbanGhetto Investment Trust ABN 31 139 747 676 (Corporate Authorised Representative no. 1266124) trading as Sort Your Money Out & my millennial money. We are an authorised representative of Apogee Financial Planning Limited an Australian Financial Services Licensee. These are the terms and conditions for use of this site and access to the information contained on this site.
1. We and our authorising licensee and other members of the National Australia group of companies:
(a) do not give any warranty or make any representation as to the accuracy, reliability, completeness or security of the information contained on this site and as to changes in circumstances after the date of publication that may impact on the accuracy of the information;
(b) may change and update the information from time to time;
(c) make no representation in relation to, and are not responsible in any way, for the content of any other site you access via this site; and
(d) own the copyright in the information on this site.
2. Users must not use or reproduce any of the trademarks that appear on this site.
3. Users of this site must not:
(a) do anything to alter or modify the information on this site;
(b) use the material on this site for any purpose other than as a source of information for personal use unless authorised to the contrary;
(c) distribute, copy or otherwise reproduce in any way any of the material available from this site unless it is expressly authorised;
(d) post any material which is defamatory, in breach of copyright, in breach of the Trade Practices Act or otherwise in any way unlawful or inappropriate.
4. Users can print a hard copy of material on this site for their personal use only other than material where this is prohibited by a notice to that effect on this site.
5. The information contained on this site is made available to residents of Australia and its territories and is not intended to be a recommendation, offer or invitation to take up securities or other investments.
6. We, our authorising licensee and other members of the National Australia group of companies are not liable in any way to any person for any loss, damage, cost or expense incurred as a result of the material contained on this site or from unauthorised access to, or any misuse of this site including, without limitation, any negligence by us.
7. All references on this site to "$" or "dollars" are references to Australian currency unless otherwise stated.
8. Users of this site agree to indemnify us and other members of the National Australia group of companies from all liability, cost and expense, (including legal fees) arising directly or indirectly from the use or distribution by any person of material placed on the site by the user or from the alteration, modification of or addition to material on the site by the user.
9. We, our authorising licensee and other members of the National Australia group of companies do not endorse and are not responsible for information, feedback, questions or comments placed on this site by third parties. We can reproduce, use, disclose and distribute the information to others in our absolute discretion.
10. Links to other sites are provided for your convenience only. Any such links do not constitute or imply endorsement or recommendations of any other company, product or service or any affiliation between us and other organisation (unless otherwise expressly stated).
11. You consent to us monitoring your use of this site.
General information warning
The information on this website contains general information and does not take into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs.
The information on this website is of general nature and you should obtain professional advice prior to acting on any information.
We recommend that you consult a licensed or authorised financial adviser if you require financial advice that takes into account your personal circumstances.
If you would like to connect with a licensed financial adviser, send us a message and we will put you in touch with a quality adviser.
How we pay the bills
In order to provide you with transparency and in that spirit, we would like to share how we make money. The Sort Your Money Out website, my millennial money, my millennial money express, my millennial money property, Gen Z Money and The Sort Your Money Out show (podcasts) may be compensated through third party advertisers, also known as affiliates. However, the results of our financial services tools, blog content, reviews and interviews are based on objective analysis, regardless of compensation.
We also receive money from charging a fee for money courses and referrals to other financial advisers and mortgage brokers when we introduce you. Any referral fees paid to us will be disclosed to you by the financial adviser or mortgage broker we have referred you to.
Sort Your Money Out also strives to keep its information accurate and up to date. This information we present may be different than what you see when you visit a financial institution, service provider or specific product’s site. All financial products, shopping products and services are presented without warranty. We do our best to maintain updated information on all products and services we cover, but given the fast changing digital environment, it is hard to do in all circumstances.
Some of the financial institutions with products on our site or podcasts may pay us a referral fee when customers get approved for certain products. Other companies may sponsor a review of their product or service – whereby we provide an objective review, and they compensate us for our time. Finally, we also sell display advertising, both directly and through third parties such as Google AdSense.
When you click to apply for certain products and services through our site, we may receive compensation from the company that issues that product. This compensation enables us to maintain our growing site, and provide current content, many of which we don’t receive compensation for. It also helps us support our team, who research and stay up-to-date on the latest news and offerings for you.
The analysis and opinions on our site are those of Sort Your Money Out. We believe you are entitled to fair and accurate information, regardless of compensation involved.
We appreciate your trust in using our site and podcasts for information and using our links to apply for products. We strive to be transparent about which products we receive compensation for.
Please see below for a list of some of the financial institutions, advice providers, online sales platforms and podcast supporters that we are financial partners with (this list is not inclusive of all partners do to the changing nature of our partners and the fact that some partners may be third-parties who maintain other relationships beyond our own):
LifeSherpa, Sufficient Funds, IMFG Complete Wealth Solutions, PKF, Thompson Financial Services, Your Home Financial Solutions, Wellman Financial Services, Amazon affiliate marketing.
We also have changing advertisers on the podcast of which we will be receiving a financial benefit from.
If you have any questions about our affiliate and advertising relationships, please feel free to ask.